The useful life of ball bearings bearing depends to your great extent around the proper lubrication of the bearing. This is also true in wheel bearings where operating conditions include dirt, moisture and everywhere temperatures.
Lubricants aid in carrying away heat, protecting bearing surfaces from corrosion and reducing friction.
1) Thoroughly clean both your hands or placed on a whole new pair of latex gloves.
2) Place a blob of grease, approximately how big a golf ball, in the palm of your hands.
3) Utilizing your opposite hand, push the large end in the tapered roller bearings cone assembly into the grease. This enables the grease to be forced involving the rollers, cage and cone.
4) Continue pushing grease into the large end, rotating the whole cone assembly, before the grease is forced out evenly
around the entire small end.
5) Smear excess grease on the exterior in the bearing cone assembly.
Utilizing A Mechanical Grease Packer
1) Thoroughly clean your hands or put on a fresh set of latex gloves.
2) Place the bearing cone assembly, small end down, to the grease packer funnel.
3) Plug the bore of the large dexnpky37 of the bearing cone assembly using the conical retainer.
4) Firmly press on the conical retainer. This lets the grease being forced between the rollers, cage and cone.
5) Smear excess grease on the exterior of your ball bearings cone assembly.